Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Energy Update Lasting Love

Lasting Love My friend shared a concept with me and I’d like to share it with you. Its called Wabi Sabi love. The idea is that if we find annoyance in another, if we change our perspective about it we can find flow and ultimately more love. After listening to a recorded program about this, what I realized is in some areas of my life I've applied this. Here are some examples to help you learn how to Wabi Sabi love! Growing up it was WRONG to put your hands on a window. If you left a smudge mark you might regret that for years to come, no kidding. So in my own home I have a clear glass window that spans the height of the door. Of course my young children love to see who is coming so there is often hand, nose, mouth, you name it prints on this window. Many years back when my kids were littler, I looked at that window and sighed. Then I rethought about it right in that moment. I could choose to love those hand-prints because they would only be little for so long and I could choose to laugh about the whole mouth window kisses. When I replaced this idea with the old one I felt better! Recently, with my spouse I was challenged with this same type of situation where I had to change my perception of some or ALL (no, just kidding) of his behaviors. You know what? It worked! One week afterward we are more connected in a way we both can feel. (I never had to say anything to him about it, just act on my own new perception and things shifted. An example from the podcast was if your spouse habitually leaves their socks under the kitchen table or leaves a tea bag on the counter each day, deal with it by finding the gold in it. You might choose to say “This proves they exist” or “I can pick up this one thing each day because really it only bugs me and if it is my need, it is my responsibility" or "They are an odd duck who habitually leaves socks under the table but I can love them for it." She went on to talk about how this is really about love through play and laughter. If we can laugh through it then we are doing well. I also want to mention, she quote Harville Hendricks, a fairly well known marriage counselor. “When we nag or pick at another we are creating an act of violence.” Think about that. If we simply focus on what our partners, friends, children, relationships (of any sort) do RIGHT? We will get more of that. Thank you “M” for the reminder about loving with our whole heart, even the things that don’t sync up.

No comments:

Post a Comment