Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Energy Update "Offering Understanding"

“Offering Understanding” Each of us creates a story about our lives from experiences we’ve had. These experiences guide us through our life and are the base for our perceptions. Beyond experiences we each have a personality. This too comes into play when we are dealing with perception. We don’t know what story is true for others. However, may we offer ourselves the opportunity through subtle interaction to better see inside our own story? If we do this then we’ll better understand what is driving the other person to interact with us in certain ways. Each time somebody tells you, you are doing it wrong or makes a comment to put you “in your place” (and sometimes this is subtle) you can hold your power by realizing and even claiming it is their own fear they are projecting on you. I have had this scenario pop up lately. If we don’t know what story is running in other peoples heads clearly we can embrace their perception of the very same interactions can differ vastly from our own. Clearly there is nothing wrong with this unless, you feel a bite from it. Here’s an example. I was doing a physical task with some one. The gist of what they said to me went like this. “Amy, you seem anxious about doing this project.” I stopped and tuned in. Do I feel anxious? I didn’t. So I simply stated, “I feel it is the person who makes the statement who is anxious and is projecting it onto another.” This isn’t truly always the case, in this spot I am uncertain if the person saying this to me was anxious, however, they have a habit of saying things like this to project fear away from them and onto another. So after saying my statement back, the person agreed and most importantly, in time, will stop projecting their feelings onto me. This will change because I am holding a boundary with them. I am freeing us both to relate authentically. And that? That’s love! What story is true for you? I’ve been working these patterns for years to shift into who I am fully. I was taught pathways from my family, as were each of us, which are not part of our truth. However, we also for ourselves must claim the story we tell ourselves about our interactions with others when we are apart from them. I used to measure myself by others successes because I never asked or they never told me about their struggles. Living in peace is about perception. Allow yourself to feel out what is being said and how it relates to you. Then, act on it and say something if the story you are being asked to play a role within is not your story but theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment