Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Trusting your needs to guide you

As I ask what to write about this week a calm comes over me and the message is about trust. Defining trust I suspect the majority of us tend to think about how we relate to others before thinking about how trust can be defined by us. Lets remove the lens about our trust of another or its contrast, betrayal and look instead for how we can work with trust as a tool to sharpen the reflex of our own intuition and in this case, needs. As I write this I am realizing how trust is a good example of the shift from Masculine to Feminine and from victim to empowerment. We are learning to claim what we need and allow the space for it to occur, in place of taking action to “make it happen”. So how do we claim our needs while relating to others and have them shift in alignment, while still meeting their own needs? If we put trust in those places we think will not work and release trying to get things to work a certain way, they will. This is not an all or nothing process, it’s about “finesse”. For example a statement such as, "I prefer "X" and I trust that will come my way.” Then we let it go. If thought or frustrations surface around this need, keeping our focus on what we do indeed want is a good way to support the outcome. If we align with our needs, they too can align. We know relationships change. Can we now then define a relationship as; what the two or more involved agree upon? Experiencing this with my spouse has allowed us to define our own relationship based on each of our needs. An example of this is in 2006 my desire was to be able to leave our home to work a part time evening job and have my husband be able to flow into what needed to be completed. Over time I asked gently if he could look to see if there was wet laundry in the washer, to peek in the laundry hamper. Over time we’ve worked it where we flow together. This is an ideal for me while relating to another. I feel as if we both take ownership in our home life and this makes me feel supported. Is it perfect? No, at points it is but then a new preference appears and so I realign by asking for support in a new way. I choose them to release any frustration this has caused in the past (forgiveness, releasing myself from being a victim) and use my power of intention to visualize him supporting this new task. Sometimes the stakes are higher and remembering most people who act out are doing so based on outmoded beliefs, fear and/or shame. What they really want is to be freed from just these beliefs! So when you allow your needs to be met you are allowing them to align and have their own needs. What I’m saying here is when we meet our needs, we allow others to balance to alignment. Thus, we stop enabling them and allow them to grow and really be who they are. So, trust you today, choose your needs and literally make the world a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment