Thursday, May 1, 2014

Energy Update "Recognizing when you are giving your power away"

“Recognizing when you’re giving you power away” If we operate from beliefs where we can’t see how they sabotage us, what are we supposed to do? Here’s a story that may help you see where these patterns are and change them. My husband and I have purchased two new cars in our life. The other cars have been used. When purchasing used cars we’ve had exceptional people to deal with for the sale. Truly! Kind, relaxed about the process and we felt heard. So what happened the two times we went to buy new cars? We gave our power away. We must carry a belief about getting service when making a big purchase because I can see it written all over MANY big ticket transactions we’ve made together. Windows, getting the house painted and others! However, I’ve especially sat with discomfort over the car purchases. One scenario we’d given somebody an opportunity to match the price to give them the sale on a car at a competing dealership. They agreed but when we went out of our way to pick the car up, they told us how this is a bad deal for them and they were sour with us. I just took it and didn’t say a thing. But now I see I needed to stand up and say, “Well, sounds like you didn’t want our sale after all. We’ve made special arrangements and come some distance to work with you, so now we’ll be going because we don’t do business this way.” This is challenging for me even reading this because I don’t want to hurt anybody but how we were treated WAS inappropriate. We offered the option for this person to match the price or miss the sale. When they made that choice to take the sale they needed to feel good about it. Not guilt us. The second time we went in excited but unsure of what we fully wanted. We drove some cars, looked around and finally decided. The color we wanted was at another dealership. When it came in it looked wrong to us both. A used car salesman was standing around and said, “Don’t every buy a car if you don’t like the color. You will regret it!” He then went on to tell us a story about how his dad did just this once and it illustrated the point nicely. However, our salesperson sighed with his hands on his hips like we were really putting him out by asking to order a different car. We are making a HUGE purchase (to us). I’ve often thought about these scenarios and at some point I figured it out because I sent a plumbing company away when they weren’t giving what they promised. They told me how inconvenient this was and I told them if they want my business they better send somebody who can plumb copper! I finally convinced the woman who had come with the plumber from their office to leave and send the other guy another day. Something was up anyway, why’d she come with this plumber??? In the end I feel she lied to me. She told me the other plumber we wanted was at a funeral. When he did come to do the work I said, “I’m sorry for your loss and he ducked his head and moved by me fast and without a word. However, what dawned on me the other day was…..and maybe none of you have these problems…..but what I realized is these left me ruminating for years. Wondering what I’d done wrong to make these people be mean to us or treat us poorly. That’s when it hit me. If you are ruminating about anything, you are stuck on some belief. If you can address what you are bringing back up in the way of thoughts and replaying the story of hurt, you can address, in time, the root cause. So go out there and fire plumbers, ask for another car…use your power and trust your heart’s desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment